It’s clear that Ashlin and Veshara adore each other, i remember our first coffee meeting together, they were so excited about their big day, it seemed so far away at the time but before we knew it it was the big day. It was a warm March Saturday at Kendra Hall and the venue was filled with love and emotion. Although we never made it outside before the sun set we still managed to get some beautiful moments inside, on stage. There was so much love and laughter shared on their special day.
These two love birds fit so well together, i wish you all the love and happiness in the world as you start this beautiful journey as husband and wife, thanks so much for picking me to capture these special memories.
Second shooter : Bianca Wilde photography
- Venue: Kendra Hall
- Wedding co-ordinator: Jeetendra Jugrah
Contact details: +27 73 183 5000
- Food and Decor: Maharaja’s Catering and Décor
Contact details: +27 84 466 0510
- Garlands: Peters Florist, 54 First Ave, Greyville, Durban
Contact details: 031 309 6089
- Brides bouquet: Margaret Sawf
Contact details +27 82 442 9775
- Brides Hair and make-up: Makeup by Somayya Khan
Contact details: +27 84 620 7868
- Flowers for Brides Hair: Mala, Port Elizabeth
Contact details +27 83 309 9965
- Brides Family hair and make-up: Make-up by Benita
Contact details: +27 62 963 0409
- Brides outfit and jewellery: Shingar, Lenasia
- Grooms suit: Hugo Boss, Levisons, Port Elizabeth; Tie & pocket square from Bride & Co, Parkview Pretoria
- Bride’s shoes: Kingsmead, Pretoria (wasn’t fancy but I think I went for comfy and the platform balanced me especially with my heavy lengha)
- Brides Mehndi: Amina Contact details: +27 84 680 7361
- Brides Nails: Sorbet La Lucia
- Priest: Pandit Bimal Maharaj
Personally I think that all the stress that led up to the wedding was worth it in the end, as a bride you can get so caught up in the preparation, but I think later on there’s a realisation that it’s impossible to have control over everything and as a result we started to enjoy it. This was definitely a journey and learning experience, however staying calm and collected in times of stress is very important. Finally my husband and I didn’t have too many hiccups along the way and this was due to the love and support we received from our close family and friends.
Strangely the moment I truly felt that I am getting married (to the man of my dreams whom I love with all my heart) came as I was walking down the aisle, it was an indescribable emotion and this is something that I will never forget. As the Groom I couldn’t wait to see my Bride on the wedding day (not seeing each other for the few days before the wedding seemed like forever). It was a heart-warming and memorable moment to see her walk down the aisle and a dream come true to knowing that she would be my wife. We feel so happy and excited about our future together it’s like spending all your time with your best friend by your side.